So let’s talk details.
Charlotte Mason Boot Camp is going to be six days per week for six weeks. It’ll be pretty intense — requiring a fair amount of determination on your part. The most important thing you will be asked to do is think. (Ha! It’s harder than it sounds.)
This initial running of Charlotte Mason Boot Camp is a beta test version.
This means it’s less expensive, but it also means there will be some kinks along the way (not planned ones … the accident kind). We’re limiting it to a group of 35 people. In order to participate you will need:
- Decent internet
- Able to download worksheets
- Able to watch short videos
- Adobe or some other PDF viewer
- A Facebook account
- A printer
- Basic school supplies (pens, pencils, etc.)
- Time each day to work on the assignments (maybe 30 minutes? we won’t know for sure until the beta testing is over)
The dates for the Charlotte Mason Boot Camp (CMBC) beta test are February 27-April 7, 2017. That’s right. It starts one week from today.
The goal for Charlotte Mason Boot Camp is confidence.
You’re not going to know everything. Nobody does, of course, but even if they did, something like that would take longer than six weeks! I do think, however, that big progress can be made concerning the basics if you work diligently for a six-week interval like this.
CMBC is designed to bring Charlotte Mason’s principles down to the earth in your very own home. Many of the assignments will take principles that can seem only theoretical and ask you to think deeply about applying them to your family — your ways of mothering and teaching. I want you to end feeling like you are capable of applying Charlotte Mason’s philosophy in your home. Charlotte Mason said that once we grasped her principles, ways of applying them would suggest themselves everywhere we looked. This can be you and me!
Sometimes, we need to bounce ideas off of others, and that is why you need a Facebook account for CMBC. We’re going to run the whole thing through a private Facebook group so that you can support your fellow campers and discuss your assignments.
Charlotte Mason Boot Camp is divided topically into weeks.
- Introductions: we’ll talk about who Miss Mason was, why we know who she is, and some other preliminaries
- What is a child? We spend a week delving deeply into this.
- What is education? We look at Charlotte Mason’s answer to this question from many angles.
- What are our tools? Here’s where we talk about motivation and actually getting the work done.
- What are our curricula and practices?
- We end with a flurry of dotting i’s and crossing t’s and making plans for the future.
Assignments will be given daily — videos to watch, articles to read, worksheets to guide you through a thinking process. Like anything else, you’ll get more out of it if you put more of yourself into it.
How do I join??
I’m glad you asked! Because I’m leaving for GHC Ft. Worth on Wednesday, I am only putting this beta test version on sale for about 24 hours! A little crazy, and I apologize — it just worked out this way. Like I said, it’s limited to 35 people. The thing is, whether we reach 35 or not, we’re still closing it on Tuesday so that we can start getting people inside the Facebook group before I’m gone.
I think that’s all you need to know, but if you have any questions, ask them in the comments and I will try to answer them.