:: 1 ::
We began a new read aloud title this week: Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes. So far, the kids love it and I’m still on the fence. On the one hand: fantastic eyes are way cool. On the other hand, the little knight/horse/kitten creature makes it hard for me to suspend my disbelief.
But we’ll see. I may love it by the end. I definitely enjoy Auxier’s writing style, and that’s important since a lot of styles I “don’t like” are really just not suitable styles for reading aloud (which, as you know, we do a lot of).
What are YOU reading aloud these days?
:: 2 ::
I have only finished one book so far this year, and that fact’s got me down. I hate it when I am reading all looonnnng books because for a long time I feel I have nothing to show for it on my Mother Culture Habit Tracker.
:: 3 ::
But good news! When the spring Mother Culture Habit Tracker comes out, it’ll also have a companion version for your older children who are trying to form reading habits of their own. I got a sneak preview from Maritza this week and they’re all going to be beauuuuuuutiful! ♥
:: 4 ::
This month in 2016:
:: 5 ::
Scholé Sisters is BACK for Season 8!
:: 6 ::
This week’s links collection:
- National debt jumps to $22 trillion from The Washington Examiner
- WHAT THE HECK???
- Why the Left Can’t Tell Honest Working Class Dirt from Blackface from Frontpage Mag
- Subtitle: And the bizarre war on Mary Poppins.
- It’s the Mary Poppins history I found interesting.
- Ancient Carved ‘Drums’ Give Exact Stonehenge Measurements, Say Archaeologists from Live Science