Let’s Think Happy Thoughts

October 4, 2007 by Brandy Vencel

Since yesterday was so negative, let’s make today a happy sort of day, the type of day where a smile is fitting and a frown is not.

We could talk about how the playground down the street from our house burned down all the time we are spending playing in our backyard. Which is a good opportunity to mention that I think Si might have a green thumb yet! Not only does it look good out there {he finally took down the flowers that I killed}, but there is at least one pumpkin growing in the patch.

I can smell the pumpkin bread already.

We could talk about how we have almost triumphed over the tic problem, which is a series I am working on for the future.

We could talk about how the baby started talking during our beach trip, which surprised us seeing as the other two were relatively late talkers. She says lots of long-I words like “hi” and “bye-bye” and “night-night” {which sounds like “ny-ny”}. She also waves and signs “all done” at the end of a meal. Her voice is so sweet and soft and Si and I are completely in love with her.

We could talk about how the toddler sparkles. Even when she’s mad, she sparkles. She is all glitter and giggles, and I find myself watching her with the fascination with which I would watch a little fairy as it flitted from flower to flower.

We could talk about how Mr. E. was glowing with pride yesterday because not only did he get to help his great grandfather troubleshoot our broken ceiling fan, but he was also given his very own wrench for his toolbox.

There are lots of things to talk about. What are your happy thoughts today?

• Reply Kimbrah October 6, 2007 at 5:46 am

Brandy-

It just came in the mail today in fact! Yay for grandmas!

I forgot to say that I am also happy about all the wonderful friends and family that God has surrounded our family with everywhere we go! πŸ™‚

• Reply Brandy October 5, 2007 at 3:29 pm

Kimbrah,
    You have many reasons to think happy thoughts this week! Now I just hope you got that shoe back…

Grace,
    Can I lure you up here by telling you we bought you a little birthday gift while we were on our trip?

• Reply Gracie October 5, 2007 at 3:23 pm

Yup! That’s the one! I’m SOOOOOOOO excited for it. Last time I didn’t get one because no one wanted one and I felt guilty for stopping and making everyone wait. BUT tomorrow, I don’t care. I’m getting one and maybe two. I’ll eat one for you! πŸ™‚

I miss you friend! Lets set up a time to meet, talk or something! It’s been WAY TOO long!

Love ya!

• Reply Kimbrah October 4, 2007 at 8:50 pm

We are enjoying our “new” old house, having Eddie home with us, having a yard for the kids to play in, not having cigarette smoke come through the outlets in our home, getting stuff put in its proper place, not living in a cramped apartment with people on all sides of us.

God is SO GOOD! πŸ™‚

• Reply Brandy October 4, 2007 at 5:50 pm

The playground incident can be summed up in one word: ARSON.

And “cardio” dog? Is that the hot dog that you posted on your website? The one that looks like you will get a heart attack if you eat it?

I want one. πŸ™‚

• Reply Gracie October 4, 2007 at 5:40 pm

Well, I don’t have a kid to talk about, but I do have happy toughts. Today, we can talk about how I’ll be going to a USC game on Saturday and I will be eating a “cardio” dog. πŸ™‚

• Reply rebecca October 4, 2007 at 4:11 pm

Eventually, I want to hear about the playground!

But today we can talk about how little L is crawling so fast and always comes looking for me when I leave the room.