January Books

January 20, 2012 by Brandy Vencel

Yes, we acquired more books for the family library this month, in spite of a windfall in the month of December. I momentarily wonder why my house isn’t cuter, and then I remember I am too busy buying or trading for books and reading them. It’s a sickness, really.

Here is what came our way this month:

In the mail, headed my way:

What about you? Did any books join your family this month…so far?

• Reply Brandy @ Afterthoughts January 24, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Elizabeth, I haven’t read it yet. Do you think it’d be appropriate to read aloud to my children? Thanks!

• Reply Elizabeth January 24, 2012 at 7:43 pm

I’ve read “That quail, Robert” a couple of times. Its a good book.

• Reply the Fish January 21, 2012 at 4:42 pm

*Ha* I had two black and white mounted photographs in my hand…was gonna buy them…and put them back down. I’ going back over there in a moment…because I forgot a book.

But it’s by Eric Sloane…..

• Reply Anonymous January 21, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Hi Brandy

We got some new ‘school’ books – history, literature, philosophy – for our Tapestry study. That’s about it.

I really have had to slow down on the buying (for me) because I just can’t seem to find the time to read. (Although, interestingly enough (to me, anyway), I have been reading “Economic Facts and Fallacies” by Thomas Sowell when I’m hiding in the bathroom. It’s a copy my husband left there and I’ve been reading it in little snatches. It’s been a lot more interesting and easier to read than I had expected. Nice. (Actually, in Australian English, that would be pronounced “Noice.” That last bit was just FYI :oP )

In Him

Meredith

• Reply Brandy @ Afterthoughts January 20, 2012 at 8:30 pm

…and nothing for the walls of your house, right?? 😉

• Reply the FIsh January 20, 2012 at 7:27 pm

….That about nails it. I just came back from an estate sale down the block with 9 old books.