It’s that time of year again! Yesterday I bought books, books, and more books. Now, I’m onto my supplies list. Are you getting some planning done this week, too? I must make hay while the sun shines–there is so much to do and so little time in which to get it done.
Today I found what I have been looking for for months. It’s these:
They used to sell these at our local store, but I haven’t been able to find them lately. I really like the spiral binding–it allows the pages to lay flat while we paint. I love the hard cover, which protects the book from the trials of the journey.
These are what we have used for our
inconsistent habit of nature study journaling.
I needed a new one for myself, plus one for my brand new Year One student, Q-Age-Six. It’s a tradition around here that you paint on random sheets of watercolor paper until you commence Year One, at which point you receive your very own nature journal. The children love this. Oh, they still use watercolor paper for indoor practice, but these journals are just the ticket for our outdoor explores.
- School Prep: Watercolor Notebooks ← you are here
- School Prep: Morning Routine and Chores
- School Prep: Book Substitution
- School Prep: Poetry
- School Prep: Course of Study Forms
- Legally Required Records for Independent Private Schools in the State of California
- School Prep: AO Selections for the Less Bookish Child
- School Prep: Picking Ourselves Up After a Circle Time Fail
Get the (almost) weekly digest!
Weekly encouragement, direct to your inbox, (almost) every Saturday.