Other Thoughts

Thoughtworthy (Beach Vacation, FB Live, and MORE!)

May 12, 2017 by Brandy Vencel

Thoughtworthy

:: 1 ::

Early this week, went spent a few days haunting our favorite spots on the Central Coast. This was something of a birthday gift for me, and also the first family vacation (with all of us present) in three years. It was lovely! We tried out a new hike — the Oso Flaco Lake hike in the Guadalupe-Nipomo Dunes — it was about a mile and a half from the parking lot to the beach. It was lovely! Perfect weather and so many birds nesting everywhere. We saw cinnamon teal ducks in person for the first time:

And here’s more from our hike:

We saw lots of ducklings on the lake, a snake (it is my policy not to get close enough to identify those), and of course lots of water and sand, covered by native plants — especially silver dune lupine! There has been so much rain this year — it was lovely to see so many wildflowers still out.

:: 2 ::

Apparently, there is a feral chicken that lives near the dunes parking lot?

She didn’t seem to have any friends or family, and was happily doing her own thing at the edges of the forest. I wonder if she wandered away from one of the nearby farms.

:: 3 ::

We spent our last day in Morro Bay, trying to keep warm. It was quite overcast the whole time. The best part were the sea otters — so many babies this time of year!

:: 4 ::

I’m going to be doing more Live sessions on Facebook, at least while I don’t have a Charlotte Mason Boot Camp session going. Today’s is at 2:15 pm and we’re chatting about Charlotte Mason’s volumes and in what order to read them. Just watch the main page and I’ll see you there. 🙂

I’m pretty sure that if you follow the page, Facebook will notify you anytime I go Live.

:: 5 ::

This month in 2015:

This post grew into a talk that I started giving half a year later. I still spend time pondering this topic…

:: 6 ::

This week’s links collection:

:: 7 ::

Answering your questions:

Last week, I did a Facebook Live Q&A session on the Afterthoughts page … and here it is. 🙂

• Reply Rebecca Beck May 17, 2017 at 8:13 pm

Zachary King made a comment recently while giving a talk that has me contemplating vaccines even more. ‘Vaccines make us cannibals, you’re injecting a body with someone else’s DNA who was murdered.’ It was a spiritual warfare kind of talk, not on vaccines, but he was responding to a question. I have vaccinated and unvaccinated children and there is a huge difference in their over all health. I used to think that the vitamin K shot wasn’t a ‘vaccine’ but I have learned since that it can be just as damaging and related to anaphylactic allergies.

• Reply Brandy Vencel May 17, 2017 at 8:23 pm

That’s an interesting thought!

And I know what you mean. We started researching vaccines after our two older children had multiple bad reactions. And yes! They were generally unhealthy. So our second two children were raised very differently, and my does it show. Their health overall is SO much better — they’ve never needed antibiotics, for example. One of them has had a few allergies, though, I will say that.

Anyhow, the thing that shocked me was the connection to abortion. I had no idea — dozens of babies slaughtered for the development of the rubella vaccine alone, organized to be done overseas because abortion was still illegal here…the medical ethics surrounding vaccination was something we wanted nothing to do with!

• Reply Rebecca Beck May 18, 2017 at 10:59 am

I think it’s the word cannibal. It just sounds so evil and wrong, which it is. We just have to have that dramatic of a word to really put it into perspective! We had the same experience with our kids, now we are trying to detox them!

• Reply Brandy Vencel May 18, 2017 at 11:03 am

I would love to hear what you are doing or what protocols you are using, Rebecca! One of our children had a severe tic disorder and now it is almost gone, but this after 10 years of working at it! Eliminating food allergies helped a lot, but ultimately we used homeopathy to end the leftover bits. I want to hear about your children and what you are doing!

• Rebecca Beck May 18, 2017 at 3:39 pm

Our eldest wasn’t speaking at three. We eliminated some problem foods after doing an IgG test and within a month he spoke in full sentences! We went through GAPS for way too many years and then discovered parasites. Basically if we were on GAPs food we did well, but any sugar, natural flavors or spices would send him into 4 days of turmoil. A good reader became dyslexic, math would be filled with tears and a kind brother would be an uncontrollable tyrant. Then we found Kerri Riviera’s protocol and followed that as closely as we could, there was one key element that we couldn’t afford. Basically we were unable to get rid of the big parasites. If you don’t get rid of them, your body doesn’t recognize them as being bad so you just keep fighting them. They keep the heavy metals, bacteria, molds, viruses, etc. in their protective sheath and release them to cause havoc on their host to control them whenever they are irritated. Parasites are the ones who carry the heavy metals into the brain! My neighbor finally told me what she used, she’s an eccentric German! Turpentine. Sometimes you need more things with it like chlorella or zeolite to really mop up all the toxins the parasites release. There are a lot of YouTube videos by Dr Jennifer McDaniel (or Daniel) but she explains Why it is in most pharmaceutical drugs and how to use and even the kind to get. I had been deworming for a year and within a week mine were almost eliminated! My eldest still can’t handle sugar but I still have hope! He is so much better than a year ago! He is actually sweet and has the ability to show empathy to his little sister when she’s crying. Our daughter had a tumor behind her left eye. Since starting the deworming she has never had another seizure and the tumor was so small the radiologist told us to never come back? I can’t tell you how happy I am!? Our path to healing has been rough, it’s not the easiest thing to constantly cook nourishing food or the whole deworming process (at certain times of the month you must change sheets daily! And many other things!) but it’s like trying to teach in a Charlotte Mason style, it is worth the effort and you see the results.

• Reply Benita May 15, 2017 at 12:58 pm

What I saw immediately in this article was that unvacinated children had less treatments for fevers, allergies, etc… But does that prove they do not have fevers, infections, allergies, etc… or could it simply be that those same parents who opt out of vaccinations also seem to be the ones most likely to treat with homeopathic and other remedies that might not be evaluated/calculated in this study?

• Reply Brandy Vencel May 15, 2017 at 4:13 pm

That’s a good question! I was wondering if all of it was literally self-reporting — because I consider that less accurate than if the researchers actually went through patient data. It was interesting to me that all of the children were homeschooled. I wonder why they chose that route.

• Reply SarahD May 12, 2017 at 8:54 am

“Vaccines are among the greatest achievements. . . ”

I have yet to understand how one reaches that conclusion when the atticulated purpose of the study rests in one of the many things that have never been studied regarding vaccination and overall health.

• Reply Brandy Vencel May 12, 2017 at 8:57 am

Yes! I completely agree. I was shocked when I first realized that there had never been double-blind studies against true placebo — that it was always a test of one vaccine against another, or one vaccine against a shot that still contained an adjuvant.

• Reply Celeste May 12, 2017 at 8:02 am

Dune hikes are my favorite! Glad you had a great vacation. 🙂

• Reply Brandy Vencel May 12, 2017 at 8:59 am

I love dune hikes, too. See? We were *meant* to go to the beach together sometime. 🙂