:: 1 ::
Early this week, went spent a few days haunting our favorite spots on the Central Coast. This was something of a birthday gift for me, and also the first family vacation (with all of us present) in three years. It was lovely! We tried out a new hike — the Oso Flaco Lake hike in the Guadalupe-Nipomo Dunes — it was about a mile and a half from the parking lot to the beach. It was lovely! Perfect weather and so many birds nesting everywhere. We saw cinnamon teal ducks in person for the first time:
And here’s more from our hike:
We saw lots of ducklings on the lake, a snake (it is my policy not to get close enough to identify those), and of course lots of water and sand, covered by native plants — especially silver dune lupine! There has been so much rain this year — it was lovely to see so many wildflowers still out.
:: 2 ::
Apparently, there is a feral chicken that lives near the dunes parking lot?
She didn’t seem to have any friends or family, and was happily doing her own thing at the edges of the forest. I wonder if she wandered away from one of the nearby farms.
:: 3 ::
We spent our last day in Morro Bay, trying to keep warm. It was quite overcast the whole time. The best part were the sea otters — so many babies this time of year!
:: 4 ::
I’m going to be doing more Live sessions on Facebook, at least while I don’t have a Charlotte Mason Boot Camp session going. Today’s is at 2:15 pm and we’re chatting about Charlotte Mason’s volumes and in what order to read them. Just watch the main page and I’ll see you there. 🙂
I’m pretty sure that if you follow the page, Facebook will notify you anytime I go Live.
:: 5 ::
This month in 2015:
:: 6 ::
This week’s links collection:
- Pilot comparative study on the health of vaccinated and unvaccinated 6- to 12-year-old U.S. children from Journal of Translational Science
- No surprise here, but apparently the results of this study were “unexpected.”
- On Redefining Words and Character Assassination from Sheologians
- “The problem is not some ambiguous establishment that has plotted against Hatmaker. The problem is that Hatmaker broke ranks with what Christians have believed for thousands of years: namely, that God is holy. If God is holy, in order for anything to be holy, it cannot transgress the law of God.”
- The Risks of NOT Letting Your Kids Do Risky Things from The Art of Manliness
- This relates to my Don’t Look Theory of Parenting
- Scientism, Ridicule, and Applause Lines from Mere Comments
- This one was short but interesting.
:: 7 ::
Answering your questions:
Last week, I did a Facebook Live Q&A session on the Afterthoughts page … and here it is. 🙂
Get the weekly digest!
All of the week's content (plus a bit of bonus commentary) in one simple email.