:: 1 ::
What a week! I’ve been a busy little bee on Facebook Live. I have a whole collection of blog posts percolating, but I haven’t had time to sit and type them out. Facebook Live, on the other hand, is something I can do in a short period of time and BOOM it’s done! Plus, with something like this — a side-by-side comparison of the two new editions of Charlotte Mason’s volumes — the video component is a must.
:: 2 ::
Thinking about attending the Scholé Sisters Online Local Retreats? You can read more about it here, and I also did a Facebook Live answering a bunch of questions that came in (below), so the two together ought to help you make a decision. Just so you know, the early bird discount ends TODAY.
:: 3 ::
I made Charlotte Mason (ish) T-shirts! Just for fun, of course. I found a place that made it really easy, and I thought: Why not? I have some ideas in my brain. So I made one. Isn’t it cute?
Q-Age-8 is pestering me for a “boy shirt” so that comes next…
:: 4 ::
Daughter A. has been trying her hand this summer at breeding rabbits and puppy sitting. The bunny breeding was successful and produced a litter (are they called litters?) of six, but unfortunately we had that big heat wave and only two survived. Here they are; aren’t they sweet?
As you can see, I did something I swore I’d never do and these babies are inside my house. I justify myself by saying it’s temporary — a few more weeks and they’ll be for sale. The downside is that my house smells like a pet store. The upside is these cuties snuggle during read aloud time.
The puppy sitting is going okay for the puppy. Our dog, Kuyper, on the other hand, is pretty sure the only meaning of a puppy in our lives is that we no longer love him. He’s having a psychological crisis and last night I was up comforting him at 11:00 pm.
I think he needs antidepressants.
:: 5 ::
This month in 2015:
:: 6 ::
This week’s links collection:
- Puerto Rico Declares Homeschooling a Fundamental Right from HSLDA
- “Currently in Puerto Rico, homeschooling families are exempt from public school attendance under the non-governmental entity school’s exemption. However, this action on the part of the legislature and governor will ensure that homeschooling families have the highest constitutional protections, just as we all do for rights such as free speech and free association.”
- How the fear of dying taught me how to live from Today
- “In fact, once you stop talking about people, you realize how enjoyable real conversations actually are. Ideas, ideals, places, beliefs…”
- A surgeon’s secret: As she operated on babies’ birth defects, a doctor hid her own diagnosis from Stat News
Get the (almost) weekly digest!
Weekly encouragement, direct to your inbox, (almost) every Saturday.