:: 1 ::
Mystie’s got something pretty cool going on next Tuesday! Sign up to get in on this amazing real-life advice on making the most of your mornings:
:: 2 ::
The last AfterCast episode of Season 2 debuted yesterday:
:: 3 ::
Also, the last episode of Season 4 of Scholé Sisters came out this morning:
:: 4 ::
We did it: we went to the movies on St. Nicholas’ Day! The Man Who Invented Christmas is not an easy movie to track down, and we drove a little over an hour to get there because it isn’t playing here locally.
My short review? I give it two enthusiastic thumbs up!
My longer review: I absolutely adored this movie. As you know, I love Dickens. I adore A Christmas Carol. This was delightful. It’s a fantasy movie about a writer writing a book that changed history — what’s not to like? The characters come alive to Dickens as he begins to write his book — and the process of writing helps him to face his own past. Mr. Scrooge is wonderful — a man you love to hate, exactly as he should be.
While it is true that Dickens’ family fell into poverty and Dickens spent time in the workhouse, I am not sure exactly how much of this story is biographically true. Does this bother me? Not in the least. The spirit of the book was captured quite well and I think my children enjoyed getting a glimpse of the backstory on one of our favorite Christmas tales (and one of our favorite authors!).
I told my husband I want to own a DVD of this movie so that we can watch it each year. ♥
:: 5 ::
This month in 2014:
In December 2014, I wrote a little series of posts on Charlotte Mason style notebooking. This post was one of them. If I remember correctly, these were inspired by my first reading of Laurie Bestvater’s wonderful little book The Living Page.
:: 6 ::
This week’s links collection:
- ‘How I beat Alzheimer’s’ from What Doctors Don’t Tell You
- This was fascinating. Considering the new associations between ASD and aluminum deposits in the brain, I wonder if this has potential for ASD as well.
- Four Promising Takeaways from the Masterpiece Cakeshop Oral Argument from National Review
- Are you following this case?
- In Big Win for Utah, Trump Scales Back Federal Land Grab From Obama Administration from The Daily Signal
- I don’t know if you were aware of how much land became Federal land during the Obama administration (hint: a lot), but I’m glad to see the new administration rolling even some of that back.
Get the (almost) weekly digest!
Weekly encouragement, direct to your inbox, (almost) every Saturday.