:: 1 ::
Last week, I made a video describing my little Latin box:
:: 2 ::
The Afterthoughts 12th Anniversary Gear Collection (raglan shirts and canvas field bags in five design options) are still for sale, and I thought it’d be fun to explain further:
:: 3 ::
People have started asking about the spring session of Charlotte Mason Boot Camp. Here’s the plan: I can’t seem to plan it around Easter, so we’re going to have to take an Easter break sometime during the course. I haven’t determined the exact dates yet, so I can’t say whether it’s going to be smack in the middle, but just so you know, we’re not going straight through the way I’ve always done before.
With that said, the first people to find out about signups are, of course, the people on the email list! If you want to get on the email list, go sign up!
Other things you’ve asked about:
- Yes, there will be a secondary group (again), hostessed by Hayley (again).
- And, yes, this group is a little bit cheaper than the full study. The WORKLOAD is the same, though. 😉
- Yes, I still plan to have sessions in summer and fall.
- Yes, CMBC is still run entirely on Facebook.
:: 4 ::
This month in 2017:
:: 5 ::
This week’s links collection:
- Former President of Maryland-Based Transportation Company Indicted on 11 Counts Related to Foreign Bribery, Fraud and Money Laundering Scheme from The United States Department of Justice
- “Mark Lambert, 54, of Mount Airy, Maryland, was charged in an 11-count indictment with one count of conspiracy to violate the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and to commit wire fraud, seven counts of violating the FCPA, two counts of wire fraud and one count of international promotion money laundering.”
- Oh look: bribing some Russians. What could go wrong?
- U.S. Jobless Claims Plunge to Lowest Weekly Tally Since 1973 from Bloomberg Markets
- “Businesses are struggling to find workers to fill positions, particularly in manufacturing and construction, as cited in some anecdotes for the Federal Reserve’s Beige Book released Wednesday.”
- Seal Accuses Oprah of Knowing About Harvey Weinstein’s Sexual Misconduct from Variety
- “He concluded with the hashtag ‘#SanctimoniousHollywood.'”
- Did anyone actually believe her speech at the awards? (Not that I watch awards.)
- Aristotle on What’s Wrong with Today’s Movies from Cranach
- Interesting. He’s applying Poetics to movies.
- Betsy DeVos: Common Core is dead at U.S. Department of Education from The Palm Beach Post
- Not sure how it can be dead when all of the standardized tests are testing to Common Core standards. I mean, I’d like it to be dead. But it seems like it’d be harder to get rid of than just announcing it at the top.
Get the (almost) weekly digest!
Weekly encouragement, direct to your inbox, (almost) every Saturday.