:: 1 ::
Season 3 of AfterCast started back up yesterday. I started the season off with this:
You can listen to it from the link in the post, but I always think the best and easiest way to subscribe is to find AfterCast in your favorite podcast player and subscribe.
:: 2 ::
Scholarship applications for Charlotte Mason Boot Camp opened up yesterday. You can get more information about that here.
If you want to get on the normal interest list for Charlotte Mason Boot Camp, click here.
:: 3 ::
Do you think in grids or lists when it comes to homeschooling? I thought it was an interesting question to ask when Pam talked about the benefit of thinking in lists. It was Pam who introduced me to loop scheduling, which was a total game changer for me. I was trying to organize Circle Time the same way even after it stopped working. Boo. It’s important to remember that as our children mature, our planning usually has to, too.
And that’s okay!
Pam’s giving away three types of lists to get you started. (Just scroll to the bottom and fill out the form to get them.)
:: 4 ::
This month in 2013:
I wrote this when I was finishing up Kim with my oldest. Right now, I’m finishing up Kim with my third child! My, how time flies!
:: 5 ::
This week’s links collection:
- Why Can’t a Woman be More Like a Man? from Quillette
- Interesting. I was already aware of the average IQ differences between men and women, but there’s more here.
- Britain’s Tommy Robinson Imprisoned in Quickie, Secret Trial, Faces Death in Prison; President Trump Should Offer Asylum from The Stream
- This whole story has been disturbing.
- New Excavation At Pompeii Uncovers Victim Crushed By Massive Rock from NPR
- That had to hurt.
- No, I Won’t Check My Privilege from The American Conservative
:: 6 ::
Answering your questions:
Question: How can I find a Scholé Sisters group in my area?
Answer: Use our new map!! Now, a lot of states don’t yet have groups listed. If yours doesn’t, fill out the form and say “looking to start” and who knows what might come of it? We’ve already heard of groups starting this way. If you have a group (it doesn’t have to actually be called “Scholé Sisters,” by the way — it just needs to be a group of moms committed to encouraging each other in scholé), make sure you add it.
Get the (almost) weekly digest!
Weekly encouragement, direct to your inbox, (almost) every Saturday.