This post contains affiliate links.
:: 1 ::
Today is my 41st birthday. It’s not quite as exciting as turning 40, but I’ll take it. I always love an excuse to celebrate! I had some Christmas money left and it seems I ended up with a real case of “you know you’re a homeschool mom when” because I bought myself a stack of books … to read aloud to the children.
We haven’t started them yet, but I’ve enjoyed looking at their pretty covers. I read a compelling review of these and splurged in a way I don’t usually and bought them all at once. But honestly Christmas money ends up being regular family budget money if I’m not careful.
So this series is called The Rwendigo Tales and it sounds like a sort of African missionary or adventure tale touched with fantasy. Maybe. They’re on deck, but once we start I’ll be sure and let you know what I think.
:: 2 ::
I had an Eye Issue this past week. At first, I thought it was pink eye and I used my trusty pink eye drops, but nothing happened. This has always worked before, but when it turned out to be a stye, it all made sense. (It wasn’t pink eye.) So I got to go on my anniversary date looking like I had a black eye — it was so swollen!
A friend told me about Boiron Optique1 drops, and I finally had a chance to pick some up early this week. Oh. My. Wow. She said they work well, and I’m now a believer. I can she why she always keeps it on hand. Two doses cleared it all right up.
I love having something new for the family medicine kit! This was a special winner because there are no preservatives in single-serving drops. ♥
:: 3 ::
Men can skip this one.
So I bought a new bra. I think I’ve mentioned ThirdLove before, but since it’s been a few years, I thought I’d do it again. I’m a repeat customer because (1) I hate having to go shop, (2) I get tired of store bras falling apart so quickly, and (3) now that I’ve had my ThirdLove purchases for a number of years, I can say they really do last longer than the ones I was buying before.
I had done the math and knew they needed to last three years to be worth paying more than what I was accustomed to pay. But then, there’s a trial period during which time you can make a return if you don’t like it or it doesn’t fit, which makes it easier to try something new.
I highly recommend ThirdLove, especially if you’ve been frustrated when shopping. Their online sizing tool is super helpful.
:: 4 ::
This month in 2016:
:: 5 ::
:: 6 ::
This week’s links collection:
- They Refused to Denounce Jesus—Pastor, 5 Others Shot After Church Service in Burkina Faso from Open Doors
- Praying for these brothers and sisters …
- A couple ate raw marmot believed to have health benefits. Then, they died of the plague. from The Washington Post
- True: “Some things you don’t eat raw.”
- Archaeological discovery points to Bible’s King Josiah from The Christian Post
- This one’s for fun, since my husband is named after King Josiah.
- “King Josiah, who rediscovered the Law in the Temple and cleansed the nation of idols, isn’t just a character from a mythical story. He was a man in history; he had court officials and administrative headquarters; and he was part of the lineage that led to another King—the Lion Who sits on the throne of Judah and is ushering in a Kingdom—one that, unlike ancient Jerusalem—will never be conquered.”
Get the (almost) weekly digest!
Weekly encouragement, direct to your inbox, (almost) every Saturday.