- GHC | March 15-17 — Ft. Worth, Texas
- GHC | April 12-14 — Cincinnati, Ohio
- GHC | June 14-16 — Ontario, California
- DATE TBA — Scholé Sisters Online Local Retreats (Fall 2018)
List of Plenary Session Talks:click to view
- What’s Love Got to Do With It? Cultivating Your Child’s Affinities
- Charlotte Mason said that at the end of a child’s education, it doesn’t matter how much a youth knows but rather how much he cares, and how many orders of things he cares about. This was a revolutionary idea for her time! In this session, we will discuss the two aspects of love in education, why care is a good test of an education’s success or failure, what we expect students to care about, and what we can do to help develop our students’ affinities.
- Start Here: Charlotte Mason in One Hour
- When Charlotte Mason distilled her immense educational philosophy into a concise form (“20 Principles”), she was forced to highlight only the essentials. In this session, we will discover the internal logic of the 20 Principles and how they fit together as a comprehensive whole, how they serve to balance one another, and how so many of our mistakes originate from focusing on some of the principles while neglecting others.
- Aquinas’ Big Picture of Education: Charlotte Mason’s Great Recognition
- Charlotte Mason thought that all parents needed to derive from this Florentine fresco a Great Recognition — the recognition that God Himself is the Imparter of knowledge, the Instructor of youth, the Inspirer of genius. Join us as we explore how this painting teaches us much of Thomas Aquinas’ philosophy of education, and how this philosophy connects to Charlotte Mason’s 20th principle of education, which tells us that we ought to allow no separation to grow up between the spiritual and intellectual life of children.
- Remembering: The Secret Power of a Charlotte Mason Education
- The art of remembering hinges on paying attention in the first place. That’s why the Charlotte Mason approach is so powerful – this trinity of attention, story, and narration engages the imagination and the emotions to build memories that last.
- Memorization and the Soul
- This talk discusses why we memorize, explores principles for choosing what to memorize, and offers some practical tips on how to bring the habit of memorization to your home.
- Plutarch Immersion Session
- In this workshop, after a brief discussion of who Plutarch was and why we ought to study him, we jump headlong into Lesson 1 of Plutarch’s Life of Poplicola.
- Six Steps to Plan a Circle Time
- After discussing what a Circle Time (or Morning Time) is, we explore how it can help us implement Charlotte Mason’s philosophy and practices. After that, we cover six practical steps on how to plan a Circle Time that will bless your family.
- Re-imagining Atmosphere, Discipline, and Life
- When we truly understand what Charlotte Mason meant (and didn’t mean) by atmosphere, discipline, and life, we can begin to use these as tools that will not only serve to make our good days even better, but help us troubleshoot our worst days and redeem them.
Want Brandy at your conference? Currently accepting applications for 2019.
Get the weekly digest!
All of the week's content (plus a bit of bonus commentary) in one simple email.